This isn’t your average old-fashioned oatmeal cookie! This satisfying treat can act as a healthy snack after school, a nutritious breakfast before work, or a great dessert any time of the day. The secret is our signature 13 Seeds Hemp Porridge, which adds a delicious chewy texture alongside the nutritious power of hemp. Even better, these cookies are sweetened with brown sugar and a helping of our 13 Seeds Hemp Honey, giving them a natural sweetness that doesn’t rely on artificial additives. These cookies make an excellent healthy treat for all ages!
1 cup of plain flour, sifted
¼ cup of rice flour
1 cup of 13 Seeds Hemp Porridge
½ cup of brown sugar
¾ cup of desiccated coconut
150g of unsalted butter, chopped
2 tablespoons of 13 Seeds Hemp Honey
½ teaspoon of bicarb soda
1 ½ tablespoons of water
1. Preheat over to 170°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the flours, 13 Seeds Hemp Porridge, brown sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
3. Place the butter and 13 Seeds Hemp Honey into a small saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted.
4. Mix the bicarb soda with 1 ½ tablespoons water and add to the honey mixture. Remove from the heat and stir as it bubbles.
5. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
6. Roll tablespoonful’s of mixture into balls and place on baking tray, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Once you have tried this recipe, please let us know how they taste!
Also, please let us know your preparation time and servings so we can update the average's for our 13 Seeds Family!