A chocolate truffle that’s actually healthy? We know it sounds too good to be true. But with the fortifying power of hemp-based ingredients, these energy balls are a delicious way to eat your fruit, nuts, and protein. This recipe combines dates, walnuts, and almond butter for a rich, delicious flavour that feels indulgent without adding any processed fats or sugars. Then we bring in the chocolatey goodness with our 13 Seeds Hemp Drinking Chocolate, along with our signature Hemp Hearts and Hemp Protein Powder. Flavoured with a little salt and softened with coconut oil, that’s all it takes to make a truly nutritious chocolate truffle!
1 cup dates
2 cups walnuts
1/3 cup 13 Seeds Hemp Drinking Chocolate
3 tablespoons 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts
1 tablespoon 13 Seeds Hemp Protein Powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons almond butter or tahini
1 tablespoon softened coconut oil
Desiccated coconut, for coating
1. Pulse dates in a food processor until they are in small pieces, and the mixture starts to form a ball. Remove from food processor and set aside.
2. Process the walnuts until they are a fine meal.
3. Add 13 Seeds Hemp Drinking Chocolate, 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts and 13 Seeds Hemp Protein Powder, and salt.
4. Pulse a few times to combine - be careful not to over-mix.
5. Add the dates, almond butter or tahini, and coconut oil.
6. Pulse and mix to combine. If your mixture is too wet to roll into balls, add more 13 Seeds Drinking Chocolate or Hemp Hearts.
7. Place in a bowl and leave in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
8. Roll into balls about the size of a walnut.
9. Put the coconut into a bowl and roll each ball in the coconut to coat.
10. Keep in the refrigerator.
Once you have tried this recipe, please let us know how they taste!
Also, please let us know your preparation time and servings so we can update the average's for our 13 Seeds Family!