This dark chocolate loaf takes everything you love about rich, flavourful dark chocolate and puts it into a tasty, nutritious veggie loaf! The base of this recipe is blended zucchini—but don’t worry, the finished product tastes NOTHING like the raw vegetable. Instead, this kitchen staple is combined with decadent almond meal, rich cocoa, and our signature 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts to form a dense and springy dough. It’s then sweetened with our 13 Seeds Hemp Honey and flavoured with vanilla essence and chunks of antioxidant-filled dark chocolate. Bake up this loaf for guests and surprise them with the recipe after they try a taste! They’ll never believe they’re getting a serving of veggies.
2 ½ cups chopped zucchini
1 ½ cups almond meal
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons 13 Seeds Hemp Honey
½ cup 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts
150 g very dark chocolate, broken into small pieces.
1. Heat oven to 175°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Put the zucchini into a food processor and blend until finely chopped – it won’t take very long. Scrape out into a tea towel and squeeze out the excess liquid.
3. Put into the food processor the almond meal, cocoa, baking soda and salt, then the eggs, vanilla essence and 13 Seeds Hemp Honey. Blend until well combined.
4. Turn out into a bowl and stir through the 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts and chocolate pieces.
5. Spoon into the load tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
Once you have tried this recipe, please let us know how they taste!
It would also be great if you can let us know the preparation time and servings so that we can update other members of our 13 Seeds Family!