Firstly, I wanted to start off by letting everyone know that today is Black Friday so we are celebrating with 30% OFF STOREWIDE! You can see our product range by clicking here.
Now, let's get straight into the fun stuff!
This week I received three great questions from Trish, Alan and Venus. These are:
1. Trish asked "My grandson is 6 years old and is low in iron and protein, he does eat meat and eggs but might not be absorbing the nutrients he needs. What do you think about giving him protein powder?"
2. Alan was wondering, "I have been taking Chia Seeds now for some time, do you have a product that could replace it?"
3. Venus asked me, "Can you add Hemp Super Greens and Hemp Protein together in the smoothies with fruits and other nuts?"
1. How to increase Iron and Protein in a kids diet.
Nutritional deficiencies are common and can occur in almost anyone and cause health complications. Iron is important for red blood cell production that gives us energy, while protein is critical for growth and recovery.
Iron is found in both animal products (predominantly red meat) and plant-based food, with 100g of hemp hearts containing approx. 8mg or iron! Hemp Seed Protein is an excellent source of plant-based protein containing all 9 essential amino acids crucial for good health.
Average daily intakes of nutrients will differ from children to adults, so it’s best to consider the age of the child and give a suitable serving size. For more information on recommended daily intakes for children head to https://www.nrv.gov.au/
2. Why Hemp Seeds are a better choice than chia seeds.
Chia seeds like Hemp Seeds are considered a super food, but not quite as super. Just like Hemp Seeds, chia seeds do contain essential fatty acids, but in much lower amounts. They also are low in sugar and high in protein, but do not contain all 9 essential amino acids like Hemp Seeds.
Not only that, chia seeds are very costly and you’re looking for a bang for your buck hemp seeds are not only considered to be overall more nutrient dense, but cheaper too! Substitute Hemp Seeds for your chia seeds in your favourite smoothies or add salads.
3. The benefit of combining both Hemp Super Greens Protein and Hemp Seed Protein.
Absolutely! And combining them may have even more benefit. Hemp Super Greens Protein contains ingredients that are organic and rich in antioxidants that include Sencha Green Tea Powder, Barley Grass Powder, Kale Powder Powder, Wheatgrass Powder, Broccoli Powder, Siberian Ginseng Powder, Spirulina Powder, Spearmint Powder, Goji Berry Juice Powder, Alfalfa Powder.
Another way to increase your protein and healthy fat intake is to make smoothies by using your favourite type of milk, Hemp Seed Protein powder, your favourite yoghurt, and nuts. Our head nutritionist Ben has a similar smoothie almost every day for a snack!
Congratulations to Trish, Alan and Venus on being this weeks winners of a $20 voucher to spend on our online store! All you need to do to go into the running to win a voucher is email through your nutrition or hemp questions to email@example.com and cross your fingers!