Welcome back to another week of our 3 Question Friday series. I’ve got some cracking questions this week that I had a lot fun researching!
Congratulations to Allan, Irene, and Sandy who all won a $20 gift vouchers just for asking Ben a question. You can always ask Ben a question at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s find out these answers!
- Allan wanted to know “Can CBD oil help with diabetes?”
- Irene was curious “Can hemp seed oil help with tinnitus in the ear?”
- Sandy was wondering “Any advice for hot flashes related to menopause?”
1. Can CBD oil help with diabetes?
After doing some research I came to the conclusion that unfortunately there is not enough evidence at the moment to suggest that CBD oil is effective in managing diabetes.
However, I did find one interesting study that found that non-obese diabetic mice had a substantially lower risk of developing diabetes when treated with CBD oil! (1) Keep in mind that this study was done in mice, however will this be the future of diabetes treatment of management? We will have to wait for more human studies to be sure!
Always consult with your GP or health professional about what treatment option is best for you!
2. Can hemp seed oil help with tinnitus in the ear?
I found this cool article that explained how hemp seed oil was effective in reducing treatment length by 8 day in patients suffering from ear, nose and throat disorders (eg. tonsilitis, sinustits).
Perhaps it may be effective for tinnitus too! Exactly how hemp seed oil was beneficial is up for debate, but I wouldn’t put it past hemp seed oil’s essential fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory properties.
The study also indicated that hemp seed oil may be effective in treating injuries and burns – cool huh! (2)
3. Any advice for hot flashes related to menopause?
But because we’re already here I’ll give you a sneak preview! There are particular foods and nutrients that may help with menopause that include:
- Phytoestrogens foods (eg. tofu/tempeh)
- Green leafy vegetables (eg. spinach/kale), fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains for antioxidants, fibre, calcium and b vitamins
- Hemp seed oil for essential fatty acids
Removing inflammatory foods eg. refined sugars, bad fats, take away foods, and processed foods can all be beneficial in improving your health.
Don’t forget to get your vitamin D from the sun and exercise and meditate regularly that have all shown to be beneficial in supporting symptoms of menopause.
If you have any questions or would like to book a nutrition consultation, feel free to email our head nutritionist Ben at email@example.com
This article does not constitute medical advice and does not take into consideration your personal circumstances. Please see your medical professional before implementing the above.