Look no further for a healthy and delicious breakfast. These muesli bars are guaranteed to start your day right by delivering a serving of fibre through tasty nuts, fruits, seeds, and the nutritious power of our 13 Seeds Hemp Muesli. The recipe is based on a mixture of healthy almond meal and our 13 Seeds Hemp Flour, and flavoured with vanilla and the natural sweetness of our signature Hemp Honey. These dense breakfast bars are rich in healthy fats and protein, but amazingly don’t have ANY butter or sugar in them! Whip up these simple muesli bars for a nutritious start to your family’s day.
1 cup almond meal
¼ cup 13 Seeds Hemp Flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup 13 Seeds Hemp Honey
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup 13 Seeds Hemp Muesli
½ cup sunflower seeds or sesame seeds
¼ cup chopped nuts
¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
2 tablespoons water
1. Heat the over to 175°C and line a square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Combine almond meal and 13 Seeds Hemp Flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. In small, combine the coconut oil, 13 Seeds Hemp Honey and vanilla essence.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Stir the coconut, 13 Seeds Hemp Muesli, sunflower or sesame seeds, chopped nuts and dried apricots, then add 2 tablespoons of water to bind.
6. Press the mixture into the baking tin. Press down evenly with wet hands.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Cool in pan before turning out, then cut into bars or squares.
Once you have tried this recipe, please let us know how they taste!
It would also be great if you can let us know the preparation time and servings so that we can update other members of our 13 Seeds Family!