A staple of early Australian settlers’ diet, damper bread was once baked in the glowing embers of campfires. Nowadays, we can still enjoy these traditional loaves fresh from the convenience of our modern ovens. Plus, this bread has come a long way since settler times— this recipe uses ingredients not available back in the day, like our signature 13 Seeds Hemp Flour and Hemp Honey along with a sprinkling of our 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts for a satisfying crunch. We’ve brought this bread into the modern era by adding the nutritional power of hemp.
1. Heat the oven to 175°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond meal, 13 Seeds Hemp Flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, 13 Seeds Hemp Honey and apple cider vinegar.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Put the dough onto the baking sheet and form it into a circular shape about 3cm high.
6. Cut a cross into the top of the dough, about a third of the way through.
7. Sprinkle 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts onto the top of the dough.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes, then turn the oven off and leave the load there for another 10 minutes.
9. Cool a little before serving.
Once you have tried this recipe, please let us know how they taste!
Also, please let us know your preparation time and servings so we can update the average's for our 13 Seeds Family!