Three types of flour. Three types of fruit. Walnuts and warm spices. Yogurt, milk, and butter. It’s all here in this dense, moist loaf cake. A perfect healthy breakfast or after-dinner treat, this banana loaf is studded with currants, nuts, chopped dates, and our nutritious 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts. It also features our signature Hemp Flour, adding all the healthy goodness of hemp to a recipe that will challenge how you see health foods. Whip up this flavourful loaf for a perfect hostess gift, potluck contribution, or weekend treat for the whole family!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Lightly grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
3. Combine the wholemeal flour and 13 Seeds Hemp Flour in a mixing bowl and sift in the plain flour and baking powder.
4. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, currants, walnuts, 13 Seeds Hemp Hearts and dates, and mix to evenly distribute the fruit.
5. Add the mashed bananas and all the other ingredients. If the batter is too thick, add a little more milk.
6. Place the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden and cooked in the centre.
7. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a cake rack.
¾ cup wholemeal flour
¼ cup 13 Seeds Hemp Flour
1 cup plain flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup currants
¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
¼ cup 13 Seeds Hemp hearts
½ cup fresh dates, seeded and chopped
3 very ripe bananas, roughly mashed with a fork
1-2 bananas extra, cut into 1-2cm slices
70g butter, melted
½ cup yoghurt
½ cup milk
Once you have tried this recipe, please let us know how they taste!
Also, please let us know your preparation time and servings so we can update the average's for our 13 Seeds Family!